Sunday, May 27, 2012

25 Lusk

This restaurant is sophisticated and modern, and has it's own address -- hell, it IS its own address -- and it makes me wish I was just a little cooler. 

I've been to 25 Lusk for brunch and dinner on a few occassions, and nearly each experience was a stunner.

The atmosphere is tony yet approachable.  The open wood beam ceiling is surrounded by concrete, steel, brick, and flowers, and it strikes the perfect balance of industrial meets nature.  Smoky glass frames the kitchen and sectors the chefs away, and they look out onto the dining room, as if from behind large Armani sunglass lenses.

While I have eaten here several times, here's what I remember is extraordinary:  Brunch.  The Lobster and Benedict with hollandaise and prosciutto is out of this world, which is lucky, as your subsequent heart attack after eating this will send you out of this world to heaven, either briefly or permanently.
Oh, hi there, God.  This is what I was doing right before I died.


Combine the Bene with fresh orange juice and French-pressed coffee, and you are fueled and ready to sight-see with your in-laws for the better part of the weekend.  Other favorites are the BLT and the coffee donuts, however I don't remember being a fan of the Farm Egg Scramble (too mushroomy and woodsy for my liking).

For dinner, the scallop starter and the Miyagi oysters are superb, and you can't go wrong with any of their fish entrees, of which I've had the swordfish, tuna, and bass.

The wines and drinks are great also, and I would recommend trying the French 25, SF Yacht Club, and the Hendrick's Margarita.

This is a great restaurant if you want to impress your date or friends, and a great place to start if you need a calorie-load before a big walking excursion, like to Coit Tower or up Lombard or to the nearest Emergency Room.  I will be back, for sure.  Right, Jesus?

25 Lusk | duh, 25 Lusk (at Townsend), San Francisco CA | www.25lusk.com


No comments:

Post a Comment